Northern Trust Workshop – Innovation to Improve Patient Care – NEW DATE
A new date for the Northern HSC Trust workshop that was postponed from December 2010.
On Friday 15th April 2011 HSC Innovations will deliver a workshop on ‘Innovation to Improve Patient Care’ for members of staff in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust, supported by the Northern Trust Research Office.
The workshop will introduce the value of technological innovation in health and social care, including intellectual property and patents. HSC Innovations will describe how knowledge emerging from research and practice can be protected and commercialised to improve patient care.
Topics will include:
- What is intellectual property?
- What is the value of intellectual property?
- Policy on intellectual property Intellectual property in practice
- What to do if you have an idea
- Support available from HSC Innovations
- There will be case studies from Northern Ireland HSC and beyond.
The workshop will take place in the Lecture Theatre, Fern House, Antrim Area Hospital, 10am – 12.30pm, with registration from 9.30am.
To reserve a place please contact:
Mrs Margaret Smyth, Research and Development Office, Bush House, Antrim; tel: 028 9442 4653; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or HSC Innovations.