Organisations that have provided financial support for HSC Innovations:
- HSC Research & Development Division in the Public Health Agency (performs the role previously undertaken by the R&D Office)
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Invest Northern Ireland
HSC Innovations provides support to clients in the five Northern Ireland Health and Social Care Trusts:
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- Western Health and Social Care Trust, including the Clinical Translational Research and Innovation Centre (C-TRIC).
The general Health and Social Care gateway site is here. There is also the HSC Knowledge Exchange.
Similar organisations support innovation within the NHS in other geographies:
- North of England – NHS Innovations North
- North West of England – TrusTECH
- Yorkshire and the Humber – Medipex Ltd
- East of England – Health Enterprise East
- West Midlands – MidTECH
- South East of England – NHS Innovations South East
- South West of England – NHS Innovations South West
- Scotland – Scottish Health Innovations Ltd
- Wales – Welsh Innovations in Healthcare
- Northern Ireland – HSC Innovations
- ennovations – an online store for products developed within the NHS
Our Local Universities
Many of our projects are in collaboration with Queen’s University Belfast of the University of Ulster. Links to their technology transfer offices are: Queen’s Research and Enterprise directorate and Ulster’s Office of Innovation.
Northern Ireland Science Park
The Northern Ireland Science Park provides advice and support to innovators, in particular through the NISP CONNECT programme, which administers the Invent competition (previously the £25k Awards) and other initiatives. News from Dr Norman Apsley, the Chief Executive, is here.
The UK Intellectual Property Office (The Patent Office) is responsible for Intellectual Property (Copyright, Designs, Patents and Trade Marks) in the UK. A number of useful documents are listed on the library page.
This site uses WordPress and the Suffusion WordPress theme (which is very well supported) by Sayontan Sinha.